In particular, the IAIS is a member of the: • Financial Stability Board (FSB) • Member of the Standards Advisory Council of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
The IAIS also participates as an observer or partner with numerous other organisations, including the Arab Union of Insurance Regulatory Commissions (AUIRC), Asian Forum of Insurance Regulators (AFIR), Association of Latin American Insurance
Supervisors (ASSAL), Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP), European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), Financial Action Task Force (FATF), International Actuarial Association (IAA), International Organisation
of Pension Supervisors (IOPS), Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB), National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), Group of International Insurance Centre Supervisors (GIICS), the Insurance and Private Pensions Committee
(IPPC) of the Organisation for Cooperation and Development (OECD), and the G20/OECD Financial Consumer Protection Task Force.
At its June meetings, the IAIS hosts a Global Seminar offering insurance supervisors and stakeholders an opportunity to discuss current and globally significant matters impacting
the insurance sector, as well as the IAIS’ most recent activities.
In addition, the IAIS conducts assessments and peer reviews of observance of supervisory material, consistent with the Financial Sector Assessment Program (FSAP) conducted
by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank.
The GIMAR contains a general description of developments in the global insurance sector as well as the outcome of the IAIS annual global monitoring exercise, i.e.
Financial sector coordination The IAIS coordinates its work with other standard-setting bodies, international financial policymakers and associations of supervisors
The IAIS works in partnership with BIS-hosted committees such as the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) and the Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructure
(CPMI), as well as other BIS-hosted entities such as the Financial Stability Board (FSB), the Financial Stability Institute (FSI) and the International Association of Deposit Insurers (IADI).
The IAIS financial stability activities are supported by an annual publication of the Global Insurance Market Report (GIMAR).
ComFrame builds on the ICPs and establishes supervisory standards and guidance focusing on the effective group-wide supervision of Internationally Active Insurance Groups
The Committee system is led by an executive committee whose 38 members come from different regions of the world, representing advanced and developing insurance markets.
It is the international standards-setting body for the insurance sector.
Working closely with international organisations and regional groups of supervisors, it supports training seminars and conferences, as well as initiatives to support financial
Activities in the area of financial stability include monitoring global insurance market trends and developments and detecting the possible build-up of systemic risk in the
global insurance sector, as well as analyzing and developing IAIS supervisory and supporting material on issues related to financial stability, systemic risk and macroprudential supervision.
Standard setting: The IAIS develops supervisory material (principles, standards and guidance) for effective supervision of insurance-related activities.
The IAIS is also a founding partner of the Access to Insurance Initiative, a multi-stakeholder partnership with the mission to inspire and support insurance supervisors to
promote inclusive and responsible insurance.
[‘”Standard-Setting Bodies in the Compendium”. www.fsb.org. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
2. ^ “International Association Of Insurance Supervisors”. Bloomberg. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
3. ^ IAIS. “Current By-Laws”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved
4. ^ IAIS. “Current By-Laws”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
5. ^ IAIS. “Strategic Plan 2020-2024”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
6. ^ IAIS. “Public Roadmap 2020-2021”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
IAIS. “ICPs and ComFrame”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
8. ^ IAIS. “Insurance Capital Standard 2.0”. IAIS.
9. ^ IAIS. “Holistic framework for the assessment and mitigation of systemic risk in the insurance sector”.
10. ^ “About AFIR
– Members”. www.afirweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
11. ^ “EIOPA – International relations”. Eiopa – European Commission. 2019-02-04. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
12. ^ “Members and Observers – Financial Action Task Force (FATF)”. www.fatf-gafi.org. Retrieved
13. ^ “IAA – Partners”. www.actuaries.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
14. ^ IOPS. “About us”.
15. ^ “NAIC – International Insurance Supervision/IAIS”. content.naic.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
16. ^ “GIICS”. giics. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
“About A2ii | Access to Insurance Initiative”. a2ii.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
18. ^ “IAIS Media Release – June 2020 Meetings Outcome”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
19. ^ “Application Papers”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
“IAIS Issues Papers”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
21. ^ “IAIS Publications GIMAR”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
22. ^ “IAIS Newsletter”. www.iaisweb.org. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/devnull/433837534/’]