Previously, in 2016, the then tallest tropical tree in the world known as “Lahad Datu” was found at the Danum Valley Conservation Area measuring 93.0 m (305.1 ft) with
a canopy measuring 40.3 m (132 ft) in diameter.
 Also in 2016, a Shorea faguetiana tree measuring 89.5 m (294 ft) tall was found in an area of forest known as “Sabah’s Lost World” – the Maliau Basin Conservation
Area, one of Malaysia’s last few untouched wildernesses.
 The tree’s height is measured from the top of the crown to the lowest part of the buttress.
 The average between the distance to the lowest part of bole and the distance to the highest part of bole is 97.58 m. The team that measured it has named the tree “Menara”.
[‘Pooma, R.; Newman, M.F.; Barstow, M. (2017). “Shorea faguetiana”. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. 2017: e.T33275A2835825. doi:10.2305/IUCN.UK.2017-3.RLTS.T33275A2835825.en. Retrieved 16 November 2021.
2. ^ Jump up to:a b Shenkin, Alexander; Chandler,
Christopher; Boyd, Doreen; Jackson, Tobias; bin Jami, Jamiluddin; Disney, Mathias; Majalap, Noreen; Nilus, Reuben; Foody, Giles; Reynolds, Glen; Wilkes, Phil; Cutler, Mark; M. Van Der Heijden, Geertje; Burslem1, David; Coomes, David; Patrick Bentley,
Lisa; Malhi, Yadvinder (2019). “The World’s Tallest Tropical Tree in Three Dimensions”. Frontiers in Forests and Global Change. 2. doi:10.3389/ffgc.2019.00032. ISSN 2624-893X.
3. ^ nationalgeographic.com / The world’s tallest known tropical tree
has been found—and climbed, By Mary Gagen / PUBLISHED April 3, 2019
4. ^ livescience.com / The World’s Tallest Tropical Tree Is Longer Than a Football Field, By Laura Geggel, Associate Editor | April 6, 2019,
5. ^ nst.com.my / UK scientists find
world’s first 100m tall tropical tree in Danum Valley, By Olivia Miwil – April 4, 2019
6. ^ “World Rucker – Page 5 – Native Tree Society BBS”.
7. ^ dailyexpress.com.my / World’s new tallest tree in Tawau Hills Park, Published on: Sunday, July
8. ^ star2.com / Where the wild things are in the east coast of Sabah, November 21, 2018 Malaysia, Travel, By MELODY L. GOH
9. ^ “World’s tallest tropical tree in Danum Valley”. 2017-03-10. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
10. ^ Taylor, M.W.
“Tallest Tropical Tree Climbed. It’s over 300′”. Retrieved 2017-03-14. The 93m figure is from the averaged ground level. 95.2 low side and 90.8 high side measurements from a climber deployed tape line.
11. ^ mongabay.com / World’s tallest tropical
tree discovered, along with nearly 50 other record-breakers, by Mike Gaworecki on 10 November 2016
12. ^ cam.ac.uk / Minecraft tree “probably” the tallest tree in the Tropics, 08 Jun 2016
13. ^ mongabay.com / Tropics’ tallest tree found in Malaysia,
12 June 2016
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mayeesherr/9309388105/’]